Whether you're planning a forever budget or just trying to make a few temporary cuts to save cash for holiday travel, here are a few of the easiest ways to cut back on tech. Cut the Cable Cable bills are outrageous. If you have high-speed internet, consider trying online streaming services to get your tube fix. Some resources to help:
- Why We Cut Cable And Aren't Looking Back
- How To: Live Without Cable TV [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]
- The Streaming Services Showdown: Hulu Plus vs. Netflix
- Have You Considered Canceling Your Cable Service?
Cut your Landline I mean, really;, who calls you on your landline besides telemarketers or your grandparents? Give granny your new cell number and axe the phone on the wall. Or, you could port your number to Google Voice or another VOIP (voice over internet protocol) provider. Some resources to help:
- Do You Shutdown Your PC? Here's How & Why You Should!
- The Cost of Computer Left on Unnecessarily Overnight
- Use Auto Shut Down Before Bed to Save Computer Energy
- Axing the Printer for a Completely Paperless Home Office
- Are You Wasting Money on Printer Ink?
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Outrageous Printer Ink Costs