Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Toronto Canada
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that our bedroom is a calm retreat in a sea of constant excitement. With three young children, jobs, and lots on the go, my husband Graham and I wanted to create a sanctuary. For us, that meant a soft palette of whites and greys, a comfortable splurge bed thatâs big enough for the whole family to snuggle in, a statement piece of art, over-scaled lighting, and fabulous storage.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Most of us donât have Million Dollar Rooms for bedrooms, so we have to make good design choices to maximize our spaces and make them lovely. Everything in its place. The key to a gorgeous bedroom retreat is removing visual clutter and squeezing in as much storage as possible. With only one small closet, we decided to steal some space from the room and create a built-in storage wall. It does triple-duty to hold clothes, the TV and books/magazines. Embrace your quirky spatial features. The cove-sloped ceilings are tricky - where does one colour end and another begin? So we painted everything the same warm white and then put in some simple molding to create a border for some happy wallpaper. Make the bed your Queen or King. While we do lots of things in here, sleeping is still the primary function. So, buy the best-quality cotton sheets you can (white is always best) and invest in a great bed in the biggest size that fits in your space. Sweet dreams.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- We moved from a house double the size of the home we are in now so we had to maximize every inch of space. Our multi-purpose bedroom is no exception. A quiet place to read. Oversized lamps add design punch and provide great lighting to catch up on your dÃ©cor magazines. End tables with drawers are good extra storage and a stable spot for a glass of wine or morning coffee. Boutique hotel escape. Nothing like a slick, wall-mounted TV to make you feel like youâre staying in a hotel suite. When you need some me-time, sneak away and watch your fav reality programs. Or, as a before-bed-treat, the kids pile on the bed in PJs and watch TV. Bedroom work. It doesnât feel like work when youâre in bed. Lean up against the handsome padded, headboard and catch up on those emails on your laptop.
See all entries