High-end kitchens have lovely solutions for cutlery, but the rest of us often are left with sagging drawers, dirty trays and slippage that makes me crazy. Up top is a really nice design with happy bright colors by Joseph Joseph (a cool design team out of England). To solve the slippage problem and see three more top picks, head below.
How To Stop Your Utensil Drawer From Slipping
- Buy a pack of vinyl round bumpers
- Move tray all the way to the front of the drawer and draw a line at the back
- Just beyond that line stick three round bumpers to the bottom of the drawer so that the tray cannot move back
- Super glue the bumpers if they don't stay put
- FAILSAFE: Apply a strip of velcro tape to the bottom or the tray at the front and back and also to the bottom or the drawer. With proper adhesive this will totally stop it.
Three Other Finds
I like natural wood most of the time and this one has that as well as a really handy expanding design as well.
Rationelle Flatware Tray - $12.99
Super basic, but a great, clean design. It also comes with another piece that expands off of it.
Axis Kitchen Drawer Dividers - $24.99
I like these as a total replacement to trays as they are good for many situations. Natural wood and NO slippage. :)