- Seattle, WA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Having recently become single, I'm living alone for the first time in my life. I moved into a studio because I didn't really need any more space than that. I was really afraid that I would have to shed many of my belongings, but I feel that I've been successful in hanging on to most of the things I love without feeling overwhelmed. And having those things so close to me...it feels like a hug.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- My biggest challenges have been space planning and creating double-duty furniture! This is the first time I haven't had a proper bedroom, so it was important for me to find a bed that not only had history, but one that I could feel comfortable just sitting on. I opted for this beautiful antique sleigh bed and I love it. In order to keep the archway into the kitchen as open as possible, I use a narrow church pew for seating in the breakfast area. My coffee table is an old ice chest which I use to store my winter blankets and extra linens. I also took an old standing radio (which works!) and converted the lower half into a hidden rollout bar!
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I would love to be able to buy more art, more pillows and more plants! I'm a collector of old treasures so, of course, there would be some visits to the antique malls! I would also like to invest in some nicer under-bed storage since I'm currently using cheap plastic bins.
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013
You are at the first post.