Next week — October, 5th — West Elm officially launches the first phase of their Holiday & Entertaining collection for 2010. I viewed this collection over the summer in the West Elm offices in Brooklyn and am excited to share the amazing displays of the products from David Stark and the West Elm team. The 2010 holiday collection — larger than ever — includes an assortment of artfully crafted miniature trees, ornaments, garlands, various wreaths, minimalist nutcrackers, party favors, tabletop, dinnerware, home scents and a wide variety of gifts and decorative items. Check it out:David Stark's displays brought this collection to life — the kelly green walls combined with mostly-neutral and natural colors was key. The textural use of paper, cardboard and newsprint gives the collection an appreciated depth and richness.
THE BEST OF THE COLLECTION
- Miniature Trees & Topiary — whether crafted from paper, sticks or wood, all of the miniature trees are super chic and most are appropriate for year-round decorative use.
- Minimalist Nutcrackers — available in mulitple sizes and white and natural finishes, these soldiers are elegant and cool.
- Cork Tableware — classic and naturally beautiful.
- Modern Snowglobes — these sold out quickly last year and the new designs will be popular, too.
- David Stark's Paper Garlands & Ornaments — eleganty crafty (it is possible!)
Portions of the collection are already making their way online — see for yourself at West Elm | What's New.
Images: Aaron Able