Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ballwin, MO
- Inspiration for my palette:
- After having two baby boys, we found out we were having a girl. She inspired this room fit for a Princess! I picked out the rug first, then the fabrics. Everything was a DIY project and put together with love. Everything is custom-sewn by myself or my Aunt Jan. I painted a sky on the ceiling, the medallion from Lowe's and the artwork on the walls. All the furniture was less than $500 found on Craigslist, Goodwill and garage sales. I found pink glass knobs at Marshall's. Accents are from HomeGoods and Michaels.
- Colors used in my room
- Fresh cut grass green, pink, aqua
- Tips for using color successfully
- I wanted the room to be romantic and feminine but not overly pink. I painted the walls grass green under the chair rail and above a paler shade all the way to the trim surrounding the blue sky. The accents of green and blue are keep the feeling of the room calm. I painted the doors a really pale shade of pink to balance the cool shades.
- Princess Palette
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012