We've teamed up with DonorsChoose.org and other blogs for the month of October and we're asking you to help us buy classroom supplies for public schools. Check out our Giving Page and help students learn about plants and plant functions: Going Green for Green Things ($444 needed)How it works:
Our goal at Apartment Therapy is to raise $10K by October 31. You can give any amount that you would like, and fund exactly what you like. Simply go to the Apartment Therapy Challenge Page and check out the items that need funding. A description of each project can be found along with how much is requested. If you would like to know more about DonorsChoose.org go here. If you would like to see the Social Media Challenge Page, go here. If you would like to ask us a question, email us at new york @ apartmenttherapy.com and put 'Social Media Challenge' in the subject.
Here are the projects we are supporting:
• Fit Kids Are Learning Kids ($267 needed): 5th graders in a low-income urban community need yoga mats, resistance bands and jump ropes to promote physical activity, mental alertness and self esteem.
• Calculating with Calculators ($548 needed): Ms. T’s classroom in New York City needs graphing calculators for her 9th grade Algebra class.
• Art in Action ($285 needed): A high-poverty school in Maryland needs art supplies such as paint, water color, aprons, paper, and paintbrushes.
• Going Green for Green Things ($444 needed): Kids in Tennessee need a classroom plant kit and accessories to investigate and explore plants.
• For the Love of Reading ($998 needed): Mrs. R’s Fifth graders need books to get them through their 2009 curriculum.
• Help us learn our ABC's (fully funded): Kindergarten English-learners in a low-income area need an easel and paper to help them learn their ABC’s.
• Kitchen Center for Kids (fully funded): Pre-K students in Oklahoma need a kitchen activity center.
• Back To School (fully funded) – 4th graders in a high poverty school in Texas need basic school supplies, such as pencils, paper and portfolios.
• We Need Engaging Activities to Help With Math Skills (fully funded): Third graders in Nevada need activity sets to help them learn math.
• School Supplies for Learning (fully funded): Math and science students in a high poverty school need basic school supplies such as pencils, notebooks and pencil sharpeners.
Visit our Giving Page to Donate Today!
Here is how Apartment Therapy is doing on all of our sponsored projects:
• Donations: $3,514
• Goal: $10,000
• Donors: 40
Top Image via Arbor Day Foundation