Day 5: Wednesday, August 7
Assignment: Create a floor plan of your room with accurate measurement info
Today's task, while a little time consuming, will fulfill several purposes. One, it's easier to be objective about problems and issues in your room when you go through the process of simply reducing the space and items in it to a 2d plan - it gives you some emotional distance. Two, it will be helpful to have all your measurements recorded in one place. Three, it will come in handy when you are working on the flow of your room. Now that you are (hopefully!) convinced of its usefulness, lets get to it...
• Create a floorplan of your room and add in accurate measurement info: This can be done in many ways, go with whichever method appeals to you most, from hand-drawn using graph paper to a sleek computer generated version.
Two tutorials from our Archives:
How To Make a Digital Floorplan with SketchUp
How To Make a Pocket Sized Floorplan
And a few online programs:
Sweet Home 3D
Home Design 3D
Please share how you plan to make your floorplan in the comments - we'd love to learn about all the available options!
- Lauren's Floorplan: Sharpie Style!
Dabney's Floorplan: Wide Open Space, Divided
- Kim's Floorplan: Compact & Cozy
Alison's Floorplan: Learning To Plan Using Free Software
Tara's Floorplan: Digital & Analog
- Julia's Floorplan: Designing the Dining Room
• Download our PDF to see the full upcoming schedule (and print it out if having a hard copy is helpful to you)
Join The Style Cure: Click Here to Sign Up
Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us about your progress at email@example.com
Follow and contribute on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter! The Style Cure: #stylecure