Here are some images for inspiration:
• 1 - A cozy guest room and den from luvdecor on Decorpad.
• 3 - A daybed/window seat in a walk-in closet (!!) from Domino. Perfect for curling up with a book when your home is guest-free.
• 4 - Martha Stewart shows how a daybed can provide a nice place for family time when it's not being used for guest quarters.
• 5 - Another day bed and den from PointClickHome.
• 6 - Coburn Architecture uses a daybed in a long, narrow TV room that doubles as guest quarters.
• 7 - This sunny office from House to Home is a perfect place to work, and with tidy storage solutions, guests won't feel unsettled by all your paperwork. The opposite side of the memo board in this photo is actually a mirror guests can use.
• 8 - Nicole from Making it Lovely chose a daybed from CB2 for her guest room. That rug would feel great on the feet in the morning.
Does your guest room do double-duty? How do you make it work?