As a renter, I am always looking for innovative ways to change it up and make better use of my space without damaging the walls or floors. A simple way to separate a room or add wall space is to bring in a room divider. There are so many amazing and beautiful dividers out there. From simple visual dividers to practical and convenient options, here are a just a few examples of DIY, flickr finds, designer dividers and past Re-Nest posts.
A few of these were also featured in Adele's Beautiful Green Room Dividers Roundup last May.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
1. An old window used perfectly to divide the space, worth checking out the rest of the photos the rest of the house is lovely. koko studios via flickr
2. 3form's partitions are made from their Varia Ecoresin material, which uses a minimum of 40% recycled resin. A variety of options and colors available.
3. A nice use of the classic IKEA Expedit shelves, these are included because they are fairly easy to find used on craigslist. You can find all of the specs for these shelves on the IKEA website. SweetLunaNet via flickr
4. This project from Lifehacker turns old LPs into a room divider.
5. Natural Bamboo Screen from Gaiam, pesticide-free bamboo finished with nontoxic water-based finish.
6. Another great example of windows as room dividers. Perhaps not the best example for a renter, but so pretty. From Casasugar.
7. A fabulous fifties-inspired home, uses a tall entertainment unit that doubles as a divider. mouchoux via flickr.
Related posts on Re-Nest: