Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- My bedroom is like a tiny jewel box. It's actually the biggest and brightest room in my very small apartment, and was a key selling point in an otherwise light challenged space. Many people advised against painting a small room dark blue, including my painter, and I almost chickened out. But it was the best decision I made...the bermuda blue walls play off the amazing New York City skyline outside my window. The room glows, and is both dazzling and calming at the same time.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- The key to living in a small space is keeping everything in its place. I curate the things I love most to avoid clutter, and often rotate my art and collectibles rather than have everything on display at once. I also enjoy coming home to a beautifully made bed, so I never leave the house without doing so. I guess all those years of my mother insisting I clean my room paid off!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- My bedroom does double duty as my office. I sit at my desk in front of the picture window typing away on my laptop. Sometimes I get lost in the view and day dream about life in the city.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat