While there are plenty of guidelines about where and how to place your artwork, sometimes breaking the rules and hanging it in unexpected places has great results. Check below the jump for some great examples.
- Casually hung art is a creative touch in this bathroom from Scouts Honor Co.'s Tour from Poppytalk.
- Art is casually leaned on a shelf in this closet turned sleeping nook in Sarah's Curio Filled Studio House Tour from Apartment Therapy.
- A salon style gallery wall follows the natural curves of this sunroom in Cissy and Richards Daring House by the Sea House Tour from Apartment Therapy.
- Overscale art in a vibrant hue pops in the kitchen in this image from Antioquia Interiorismo by Josephine Interior Design.
- When leaning in a non-functional fireplace, a painting is highlighted by the architectural detail in this image from Hannah Seabrook's Tour with Glitter Guide.
(Image credits: Poppytalk; Kim Lucian; Leela Cyd; Antioquia Interiorismo; Glitter Guide)