We've been seeing a lot of all-white interiors lately; and as much as we like the look, we're wondering how to make one of these rooms interesting. Check out some tips from Living Etc. that shows off how to play around with white after the jump... [ Photos from LivingEtc ]
1. Play With Texture: Add interest to a white scheme by hanging subtle anaglypta paper and layering textures. Each surface absorbs light differently, creating a multitude of tones.
2. Go For Glamour: A pearlescent wallpaper creates an opulent backdrop in this open-plan dining room. Combine lacquer, glass and fabrics with elegant detailing to create a feel of understated sophistication.
3. Add Vibrant Color: White acts as a great foil for bright accents. Soften a plain white space by adding colourful cushions, rugs and accessories in a mix of contrasting patterns and textures - here sunshine yellow highlights add a fresh feel.
4. Warm Up With Wood: Create a striking contrast by pairing white with dark wood. Use intricate wooden veneer wallpaper along one wall, and keep the rest of the space light and bright. Balance the look by adding wooden pieces throughout the room.
5. Introduce a Vintage Vibe: Layer old linens, lace and soft damasks for a sense of romance and nostalgia, and add a dreamy feel to walls with greyish whites. For a rustic headboard, join together pieces of timber, then whitewash with diluted paint.
6. Play with Tone: There are hundreds of shades of white, ranging from bright hues with a cool milky feel to warmer historic shades that create depth. Paint different surfaces in slightly different tones for a tranquil spa atmosphere.
7. Opt for Minimal Magic: Use flooring that's the same colour as the walls for a seamless effect with a modern edge. Team with clean-lined furniture and accessories, and add just a few touches of texture.
8. Try Translucent Chic: Combine semi-transparent fabrics with clear, frosted or milky-coloured glassware for an ethereal look. For a radiant visual effect, hang filmy curtain panels at different depths.
ATVideo of the Day