Just a little bit of symmetry can help to simplify a congested small space. In China, pairs of objects are said to bring harmony and wholeness to a home. We think there might be something to the idea.
Unlike larger pieces (sofas or beds, for instance) a set of armchairs can be easily moved around when you need to refresh your space. Set across from one another or facing a sofa, they also create space for conversation when guests stop by.
We sifted through images from past Small Cool contestants for good examples of chairs in pairs. Click through the links to see more of each space.
• 1 Vinh's Home Soul
• 2 Jenny and Clove's LAish Pad
• 3 Bernard's Light & Bright Home
• 4 Tony and Hilary's 3 in 1 Studio
• 5 Janet's Peaceful Modern
• 6 Hosien's Contemporary Chic
• 7 Emile's Customized Rental
• 8 Claudia's Calm and White
• 9 Lucas' Stylish Studio
• 10 Andrew's Vintage Character