The bedroom is a great place to make an impact...with oversize art. Fewer windows and, often, a tendency to leave the walls blank is an opportunity to add a focal point with one big, grand piece of art.
1. A colorful, abstract painting brings focus to the center of this vibrant bedroom. Real Living magazine featuring Andrew O'Brien artwork (available here)
2. A monochromatic room is punctuated with an ironic canvas. Tamara Magel Home on Houzz
3. Orange on its own would be too bold in the bedroom, so the Novogratz design team add an oversize black and white portrait of Madonna to tone down the bright orange. The Novogratz
4. The same effect as the example above is achieved here with a subdued gray-hued painting. Bernadette's Cool, Colorful & Contemporary Austin Home on Apartment Therapy
5. Traditional black and white style is modernized with an avant garde black and white photo. Lonny
6. An oversize rib cage painting is reflected again in smaller scale on the Zebra skin covered Knoll stool. Elle Decor
8. An Andy Warhol classic pops against a grey wall from Hallie's Whimsical Loft on Apartment Therapy.
9. Typographic sculpture brings a statement into the bedroom in art form in Shelley's Authentic Loft on Apartment Therapy.
10. A calming blue landscape enraptures this Dumbo duplex bedroom from Rue Magazine.
(Image credits: Eclectica; Rikki Snyder; The Novogratz's; Adrienne Breaux; Lonny ; Elle Decor; Katie Gard/Apartment Therapy; Melissa Direnzo/Apartment Therapy; Rue Magazine; Bethany Nauert)