My grandparents had tons of knickknacks that filled their home but only a few items stand out to me now (and carry fond memories of my time spent with them). In particular, a pair of framed travel prints (gifts from our grandfather's tenure at Federated Insurance) are now displayed proudly in my home.
The prints are picturesque cityscapes of Miami and San Francisco and as a child, I often dreamed of what these towns held for a visitor. As an added layer of appeal, the drawings were from the 1960s/1970s (and from my viewpoint at the time, the images felt exotic and story like). Attempting to recreate these feelings, I've rounded up a handful of prints, glassware and home decor that might just add a touch of vintage, travel-themed whimsy to your own home.
1. Vintage Postcards, Shop at Geris; $10
2. Biplane Print on Old Dictionary Page, Mechanicality; $9
3. Vintage Set of Four Airplane Glasses, Jaanas Vintage; $19.99
4. Vintage Aviation Coffee Mugs, Mary Beth Hale Vintage; $48
5. Blue line archival print with 12x12 mat, ariyamastudio; $45
6. Set of 3 American Tourister suitcases in off-white, el ritmo retro; $75 (Had to include a set of vintage luggage. Not only do they inspire me— they have a handful of uses).
7. First Automobiles Old Vintage Plates set of 4, Something Just For You; $20
8. Vintage 1950s Chevrolet Corvette Postcard, Myra Melinda; $3.99
9. Vintage Automobiles (13x19 Print), Turn of the Centuries; $28
10. Burnout, Fold Four; $50