We're big fans of vintage metal trays. They don't have the preciousness of ceramic objects, they're usually printed with fun graphic patterns, and they're easy to come by. Click below for a few ways to use them in your home...
• Vintage trays are great for organizing small stuff in the bathroom.
• At a party, a vintage tray makes a good set-up spot for wine and liquor bottles.
• If you've got a whole collection, try displaying them on the wall.
• Use one in your entryway to collect keys, mail, and change.
• At a dinner party, trays can do triple-duty as platters or trivets, plate chargers, and centerpiece stands.
Look for vintage trays on e-bay, Etsy, in thrift shops, and at flea markets.
Other suggestions? Let us know in the comments.
Photo: 1950s Serving Tray from High Street Market, $28