When I think of decorative garlands, I think of holidays and birthday parties. Yet, more and more I am seeing homeowners that have welcomed this fun idea for various styles in every room. I think hanging a garland on the wall is a great way to add color and interest to a room, without hanging art or painting the wall. Here are five ideas for decorative garlands in various rooms that lend a sense of fun and embellishment.
1. Emily Schuman spends a lot of time in her office as she maintains her blog Cupcakes & Cashmere. I love her sparkly garland from Confetti System that gives a feminine and playful touch to an otherwise adult office.
2. Kristina of House of Hues notes her admiration of this hanging garland on Etsy, available for a mere $12 and it adds automatic festivity to her already beautiful wall.
3. Artist Christopher Bettig of The Mountain Label was asked to create an installation for The Standard in West Hollywood. Later on various elements of his installation, including the garland were seen in a local gallery space with more of his artwork.
4. Blogger quilter from Moments of Perfect Clarity, writes about many things. But her hanging garland which was constructed of leftover fabric swatches is just a wonderful idea of DIY crafting.
5. Gina Comin's home was lively, collected and diverse... but one of the simplest things I loved in her home was the colorful garland that lined her hallway.