When I stop to think about it, it's a little alarming how many different media I've used to play music throughout my life. Sure, we all remember mix tapes. But I go back further than that, some of my first albums were 45s! Ahem. As a parent, it's easy to get nostalgic about those things that meant so much to you when you know your children will barely even know what you are talking about when you bring it up. I love that those crafty Etsyians are keeping the nostalgia alive -- with throw pillows no less. Cool right? Cassette tapes, turntables and even old school iPods; but there's one conspicuously missing.
Any one of these pillows would be a hip addition to a kid's room even if they don't know what it is. But where's the CD pillow? Don't feel bad CD, the 8-track didn't seem to make the cut either but I'm sure your time will come. In the meantime, here are 8 cool, music player pillows.
• Mix Tape Pillow by diffractionfiber ($27)
• Mini Pink Cassette Pillow by mymimi ($18)
• Yellow Cassette Tape Pillow by theleef ($52)
• Vintage Vinyl Player Mini Pillow by mymimi ($18)
• Record Player Cushion Cover by carolinedulko ($37)
• Record Pillow, Etta James Rocks the House by crushcraft ($25)
• They're Playing Our Song Pillow (custom embroidered) by Felix Street Studio ($48)
• iPod Icon Pillow by Craftsquatch ($20)