Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Clerkenwell, London United Kingdom
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the the character and brightness of my flat. Built in 1823, it has big sash windows that let in loads of light even when it's gloomy out. I also love that neighbourhood is quiet, although it's in the middle of such a busy area.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Apart from budget, it was such a challenge making a rental feel like home. The flat came fully furnished, and although some things were easy to swap out and hide away (like the sill height curtains that came with the flat), other things I just had to work with. For example, the dining set and sofa are not exactly my style, and are arguably too large for the space, so I try to keep those areas clutter free and organised. Also, as a designer I'm constantly looking at what could be improved, like the kitchen or adding moulding, but as a tenant I can't touch a thing.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2012