Do you want your beloved cat to be able to retreat to her sacred place of solitude without being shunned to the dark corners of your least-tread rooms? Are you also looking to break the stank, not the bank? These budget-friendly feline facilities are less of an eyesore and more of a chic cat pad (catchelor pad?) that will give your little buddy prime real estate in your home.
I must preface this by saying I am not a cat owner myself. I was inspired to consider the woes of design-savvy cat owners after shooting the homes of two sets of cat parents: Katy and Todd and Gary and Chelsey. Katy and Todd raved about their streamlined Modko litter box (pictured above), while Gary and Chelsey gave me insight into the importance of accepting your litter boxes as permanent fixtures of your home. Because loving your pets, having a beautiful home, and being on a budget aren’t mutually exclusive, here are some pretty kitty litter box options to fit a variety of home styles:
- Mid-Century Modern: Poopoopeedoo in white by SinDesign -$117
- Boho: Decorative Litter Box Cover in wicker by Mr. Herzhers -$84 || Covered Litter Box with Decorative Planter by Good Pet Stuff Co -$63
- Mod: Mox Tower Litter Box in red by Modern Cat Designs -$153 || Modkat Litter Box in orange by Modko -$120
- Traditional: Cat Washroom Nightstand in white by Merry -$92
- Eclectic: Enclosed Cat Litter Box in polka dot by KittyAGoGo -$100
- Playful: Kitty-Shaped Litter Box in blue by Monster Pets -$47
And of course, for the real DIYers, some Ikea hacks:
- Recycling Bin Top Opening Litter Box -$13
- Contemporary Litter Box -$74
- Bench Litter Box for 4 Kitties -$96
Next goal: toilet training...