A zebra patterned carpet is by no means a conservative choice, but it is a fairly traditional way to signify "wild" since it's been a decor staple for a looooong time. It would most likely be possible to find examples of them used in designer rooms...
...from nearly every decade of the last century but these ten from recent years. Love em or not, they are here to stay!
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Custom PomaSteven rug via Todd Alexander Romano
2. Jonathan Adler
3. Anne Coyle
5. Alina Apteker on Point Click Home
Bottom row, left to right:
6. James McInroe via Dallas News
7. James McInroe via Dallas News
8. Mod Zebra from FLOR
9. Robert Passal via New York Social Diary
10. Living Etc.