1. Classic floors meet classic chairs (Mackle Construction via Houzz).
2. Glossy checks contrast with gorgeous green in this entry (Elizabeth Dinkel Designs).
3. An all-white kitchen is grounded by black and white (Grand House Design).
4. Plain wood floors are upgraded with bright painted checks (Frederick + Frederick Architects via Houzz).
5. Oversize checks make the room feel like a charming dollhouse (Amy Renea via Houzz).
6. Muted grey is a softer version of the classic look (cote de texas).
7. Exposed brick and checks are a double dose of classic (House Call: Laura & Eric's Adams Morgan Condo via Apartment Therapy).
8. Checks go neutral for the laundry room. (Patterson Construction Corporation via Houzz).
9. Blue on blue is simple but powerful (Flickr member Lara604 licensed under Creative Commons).
10. Black and white checks replace a runner in a classic hallway (Brownhouse Design via Houzz).
(Images: As linked above)