The color mint, so popular in the 1950's for its cheerful yet calming influence, was inspired by the color of an after dinner treat. Although many consider mint simply a spring color, it will brighten up the grayest of cold months and complement winter whites.
One piece of furniture in mint is much simpler to pull off successfully than an entire wall. Here are some modern and classic pieces in the latest color to make a comeback this decade.
1. Two-Arm Signal Desk Lamp by Jielde in Green of Water
2. Wishbone Chair by Hans Wegner in mint from Design Within Reach, $855
3. Block Table in Mint by Normann Copenhagen
4. Fabrikor Cabinet in light green from IKEA, $179
5. Herringbone Rug in mint from Urban Outfitters, $44-$199 depending on size
6. Kaleido Tray in Mint by Hay from Ambiente Direct, $27.50
7. Table Globe in Mint from Design Within Reach, $225
8. Nappula Candle Holders in Celadon from Iittala, $39-49
9. Bud Vase in Tea Green from Heath Ceramics, $25
10. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in Pistachio from Sur La Table, $349.95
11. Nate Berkus Intuit Comforter Set from Target, $89.99
12. Letter Tray in Mint from Ferm Living, $59
(Images: as linked above)