If you liked Ike, you'll love this 1950s palette. From poodle skirts to shell chairs, the colors were sweet and cheerful: cotton candy pink, robin's egg blue and diner-booth red for a post sock-hop burger. Pictured above:
1. A frothy pink Ceil Chapman gown, from Blue Velvet Vintage
2. The Eames DSX-1, 1957, Eames Designs
3. Cool 50s tourism brochures, via CoulourLovers
4. Innocent, cheerful and a musical, what could be more 50s than that? Singin' in the Rain movie poster from Allposters
5. Retro colors meet modern formulas. Paint Colors, left to right: Farrow and Ball Arsenic, Valspar Sweet Melon, Benjamin Moore Graceful Sea, Benjamin Moore Sun Porch
6. A cotton candy Formica kitchen was the ultimate housewife's dream. From Retro Renovation
7. A classic 50s diner. Flickr member antonin_remond licensed under creative commons.
8. "...and they both came from good families!" James Dean is the ultimate 50s bad-boy in Rebel Without a Cause, from Poster Revolution
9. Green Sofa, Edward Wormley for Dunbar, 1957. From Bold, Bright Colorful Vintage Finds
10. This robin's egg blue kitchen was featured in the 1957 issue of House Beautiful.
(Images: as linked above)