When designing a room from scratch, sometimes a single piece of furniture can provide a great starting point for pulling together a whole look. Using the ultra modern and super comfy Tufty Time Sofa by B&B Italia, I created a mood board for a living room that's one part Don Draper, one part George Jetson, and a dash of the Brawny Paper Towel Man.
While touring Dea and Jorge's beautiful and minimal Park Slope home, one piece of furniture immediately caught my eye - the Tufty Time sofa by B&B Italia. This low-to-the-ground sectional, made up of large-scale tufts, almost seems to be assembled from a multitude of soft cubes, and can be configured in a variety of formations. Aside from its versatility, the Tufty Time's depth makes it the perfect place to curl up with another or collapse after a long day.
While the sofa is a perfect fit amidst the soft color palette and contemporary design of Dea and Jorge's sleek Brooklyn abode, I also envisioned the piece in a room on the opposite end of the spectrum - contrasted against a darker backdrop and amidst organic looking furniture and accessories. This room, with its modern Playboy Townhouse kind of feel, is definitely a place I could see myself kicking back with a cold martini.
1. Tufty Time Sofa via B&B Italia. Contact retailers for pricing.
2. Woolly Chair by Jason Miller, $7998 via The Future Perfect
3. BESTÅ BURS Wall Shelf, $100 at IKEA
4. Artwork via Exhibition A
5. Excel Floor Lamp by Rich, Brilliant, Willing. $1800, via Roll & Hill
6. Fox Cushion, $99 by Donna Wilson
7. Log Stool by Jason Phillips, $380 via The Future Perfect
8. Nate Berkus Rug, starting at $29.95 at HSN.com
9. White Lacquered Moose Head, $249.95 via Z Gallerie