On my bucket list: Santorini, the beautiful Greek island with the hillside villages full of stucco homes with brilliant blue-domed roofs. There, I imagine, every room is always full of light, and every breeze smells like the sea. Browsing through hotel websites, I was struck not just by the beauty of the island, but also by the lovely, spare, effortless elegance of the Greek interiors.
Someday I will go to Santorini. In the meantime, I'm thinking about picking up a few things to make my house a little more like an Aegean retreat.
1. Santorini. Image via Jetsetter.
2. Perivolas Suites, Oia, Santorini.
3. Home of interior designer Marilyn Katsaris in Tinos, Greece, by Zege Architects.
4. Bratsera Hotel, Hydra.
5. Villa in Mykonos.
1. West Elm end table.
2. Aluminum bench from ABC Carpet & Home.
3. Anthropologie coffee table.
4. White sofa from High Fashion Home.
5. Weathered desk from ABC Carpet & Home.
1. Ikea canopy bed.
2. Jonathan Adler vase.
3. Rug from Anthropologie.
4. Shine Labs pendant lamp from 2modern.
Images: As credited above.