On my bucket list: Santorini, the beautiful Greek island with the hillside villages full of stucco homes with brilliant blue-domed roofs. There, I imagine, every room is always full of light, and every breeze smells like the sea. Browsing through hotel websites, I was struck not just by the beauty of the island, but also by the lovely, spare, effortless elegance of the Greek interiors.
Someday I will go to Santorini. In the meantime, I'm thinking about picking up a few things to make my house a little more like an Aegean retreat.
1. Santorini. Image via Jetsetter
2. Perivolas Suites
, Oia, Santorini.
3. Home of interior designer Marilyn Katsaris in Tinos, Greece, by Zege Architects
4. Bratsera Hotel
5. Villa in Mykonos
1. West Elm
2. Aluminum bench from ABC Carpet & Home
4. White sofa from High Fashion Home
5. Weathered desk from ABC Carpet & Home
2. Jonathan Adler
3. Rug from Anthropologie
4. Shine Labs pendant lamp from 2modern
Images: As credited above.