Crain's New York reports: "Effective rents in Manhattan jump 7.4% in first quarter as landlords ease back on concessions and vacancies evaporate; market tilts in favor of owners." Plus, the infamous Jersey Shore beach house is available for rent, and Promemoria opens its first-ever US showroom. More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Robust market lifting apartment rents | Crain's New York
• GE Building Astoundingly Thin Solar Panels | Fast Company
• Jersey Shore Infamous Beach House Now Available for Rent | Curbed
• Promemoria party celebrated opening of first U.S. showroom | Editor at Large
• Kabinett & Kammer Offers a Menagerie in the East Village | New York Times
• Market vendors report improved first quarters | Home Accents Today