Over at Design Observer, Alexandra Lange examines how thrifters are using Twitter to scavenge. "I don't know any of these people," she writes, "but they seem to be the new connoisseurs, picking through the Goodwills and estate sales, collecting for themselves, for each other (everyone has a particular designer passion) and for their Etsy stores." Full links and more news below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Alexandra Lange on Vicarious Thrifting via Twitter | Design Observer
• Antiquing With Tommy Hilfiger's Trent Wisehart | Shelterpop
• BOFFO pairs six emerging architects with fashion designers | Architizer
• Over-branding Kills Profts and Scares Off Consumers | Fast Company
• Roger Kurath on what California can learn from Swiss prefab design | Dwell