If you watched the movie It's Complicated, you probably noticed the fabulous matte-black clawfoot tub where Meryl Streep soaks and banters with her ex. I wanted that tub the second I saw it. I even considered DIY-ing my own vintage clawfoot in a similar charcoal until I realized that tubs come in every eye-popping color imaginable. How can I ever decide now?
These colored baths look fantastic with everything, from white tile to wallpaper to same-colored walls. And though choosing such a bold fixture color might seem limiting for future decor changes, keep in mind how many different ways you might complement and contemporize a single shade as the years go on. As long as you truly love it, the possibilities are endless.
1. Red tub via Apartment Therapy
2. Orange tub via Design*Sponge
3. Yellow tub via Design Sponge (see more great ones here)
4. Mint-green tub via Poetic Home
5. Green tub with green backdrop via New York TImes via Apartment Therapy
1. Blue tub via Re-idesign
2. Teal tub via Design*Sponge 3) Purple tub via Poetic Home
Images: As credited above.