Children running around the house each and every day is one of the most exhilarating and joyous aspects of many peoples lives. Sure, there are some people who completely change their sense of style to accomodate their children while others realize kids will be kids and there's no sense in masking your true style.
When you take a peek into Warren & Mimi's Highly Personal Architectural Home you wouldn't immediately register that there are in fact children living there. When asked how in the world he keeps his twin babies from pulling every single book out from their beautiful and extremely large built-in bookcase he said he can't because "that's what kids do".
These ten inspirational homes from our archives show us that children only add to the inspiration in decorating the home. Hang their artwork as a large collage in the office, add bright red chairs to the dining room or don't change anything about your style at all. Make the space comfortable, beautiful and most importantly family friendly without losing yourself in it all. Take inspiration from these homes designed with kids in mind:
• Back To The Old House With The Smiths
• Elizabeth's Colorful and Adventurous House
• Nine by Design Heads West
• Deron & Marye's Modern Geometry
• Warren & Mimi's Highly Personal Architectural Home
• Alex & Debra's Modernized 1850's Greek Revival
• Jennifer's Bright and Airy Mish Mash
• Family Friendly Austin ModHouse
• The Midyette Family's Tribeca Loft
• Marie & Nick's Festive East Bay Ranch