I'm going to be moving into a house with black and white checkered kitchen floor tiles and have been getting inspiration from around the web. Check out what I've found after the jump...
I've found that this contrasty versatile ground can meld into everything from classic country, pop rockabilly, or super modern. Since you are starting with a simple yet dramatic palette and pattern it lends itself well to really emphasize an accent color. I am currently vacillating between yellow, grey, light turquoise and wallpaper (pretty much everything you see in the images). I'll let you know where I end up.
1. A little yellow goes a long way to make this a sweet and cheerful kitchen. via Luxury Do Mik
2. Wood is the only accent here and it really helps to define this kitchen in more classic terms. via Being Brazen
3. Sarah Jessica Parker's elegant but playful black, white, and apple red kitchen. via Nibsblog
4. Here a light grey adds a little bit of depth while still keeping the black and white the main attraction. via Polka Dots and Puppies
5. Another black, white and red combo but this time with an old-timey 50's diner twist. via House to Home.
6. White with navy accents gives this kitchen a country edge. via Decor 4 All
7. This modern kitchen is making ahold statement with its combination of orange and green walls and accesories. via iKrunk
8. I love how thing predominate black wall isn't too heavy and overwhelming and they added a little country whimsy with the wallpaper. via I Am David J
(Images: as linked above )