- Amsterdam Netherlands
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love most about my small home is that after some little renovations, it looks like a spacious city loft. My home is best known for it's monochrome Scandinavian character, as I do not use any other colours than white, grey and a little black. It has a beautiful, calm and serene atmosphere. It's furnished with some industrial pieces, and in every room I reveal a bit of the original concrete wall, which gives my home that lofty character. Throughout my home I added little natural touches such as bamboo lamps.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Take out doors and doorposts to create a sense of space. During a little renovation I took out the doorposts, and it gave my home a real spacious feeling. Also, repeat elements in every room -- it connects all the spaces together. I have, for example, a bit of concrete in every room, but also the same lamp may come back.
2. Lay out the same light flooring throughout your whole home. A light color, like the light grey floor I have in my own home, gives a spacious feeling.
3. I think the most important thing for creating a home that can breath is to declutter and not add too many little decorative pieces throughout your home. Create one area in your living with a still life you enjoy. These can be some books or boxes with things you love, some pictures or some vases put together.
ATVideo of the Day