- Amsterdam Netherlands
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the airy feel of it. It is overall white but I have left a piece of the original concrete wall in sight. This gives the room a soft industrial touch that I truly love. I have a locker to store jeans and t shirts and some other things I do not wear very often. On the inside of the doors I added fashion images for inspiration. I love them so much that I often keep one door half open. The colors in my bedroom are mostly black and white with a gray floor ... I add color with different bedspreads and cushions.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- For me white bed linen really works to give the room a beautiful look. Besides being beautiful, white bed linen instantly wakes you up in the morning! I love an uncluttered bedroom therefore I have next to a bed and bedside table only a locker and an antique grey and cute little table with a French mirror on it. Some years ago I designed a clothes rack and had it made by a blacksmith. It is hanging from the ceiling, so my floor is empty but I can enjoy the daily clothes I wear all the time and I do not need extra hanging storage in a cupboard that takes up space. It is my favorite item in the home. Under the clothing rack I have a big bag, again in my favorite colors black and white, where I store shoes I am not often wearing. There also is a huge poster on the floor with a French feeling to it. I love to add art on the floor instead of hanging on the wall for a laid back feeling.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I really love to wander around and try things out before going out so the clothes rack is really handy. I have several small lights in the bedroom for a cozy atmosphere. And in the weekends I love to stay in bed with breakfast and my laptop or magazines. I can get so happy from the morning light coming through my Moroccan shutters, reading some magazines and slowly starting up the weekend.
My Bedroom Retreat