- Amsterdam Netherlands
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the airy feel of it. It is overall white but I have left a piece of the original concrete wall in sight. This gives the room a soft industrial touch that I truly love. I have a locker to store jeans and t shirts and some other things I do not wear very often. On the inside of the doors I added fashion images for inspiration. I love them so much that I often keep one door half open. The colors in my bedroom are mostly black and white with a gray floor ... I add color with different bedspreads and cushions.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- For me white bed linen really works to give the room a beautiful look. Besides being beautiful, white bed linen instantly wakes you up in the morning! I love an uncluttered bedroom therefore I have next to a bed and bedside table only a locker and an antique grey and cute little table with a French mirror on it. Some years ago I designed a clothes rack and had it made by a blacksmith. It is hanging from the ceiling, so my floor is empty but I can enjoy the daily clothes I wear all the time and I do not need extra hanging storage in a cupboard that takes up space. It is my favorite item in the home. Under the clothing rack I have a big bag, again in my favorite colors black and white, where I store shoes I am not often wearing. There also is a huge poster on the floor with a French feeling to it. I love to add art on the floor instead of hanging on the wall for a laid back feeling.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- I really love to wander around and try things out before going out so the clothes rack is really handy. I have several small lights in the bedroom for a cozy atmosphere. And in the weekends I love to stay in bed with breakfast and my laptop or magazines. I can get so happy from the morning light coming through my Moroccan shutters, reading some magazines and slowly starting up the weekend.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day