Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- St. Paul, MN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- This is the one room in the house for which I've had a clear vision that I've been able to see through to the end (so far, at least). The idea was to fulfill my lifelong fantasy of sleeping in the clouds. You could say that this room is a gift to my younger self.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Decorate for the way you live, not the way you think the room is supposed to be lived in. For months I thought it was a problem that the LED lamps by the bed gave off only a soft glow rather than brilliant floods of light, but eventually I realized that I don't actually need much light in my bedroom during nighttime hours, so why go out of my way to have it there?
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Since my bedroom was inspired by a fantasy, it seems appropriate that I use it as an escape into other worlds - it's my favorite place to read and play my Nintendo DS. I've got lots of big, cushy pillows to arrange around me when I'm doing that. It also helps that I've got just the right amount of shelf space on my nightstand: enough to keep everything I might want nearby, but not so much that piles start to form.
See all entries