- La Jolla , CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that this studio has non-traditional features that give it character. The vaulted ceilings give the illusion of a bigger space, while the balcony is a nice place to enjoy the La Jolla sunshine and sea breezes. The loft is a neat room as it is only accessible by ladder, but still provides adequate room for guests to sleep. The elevated narrow-rectangular side room connected to the kitchen was an added bonus which I have turned into an office/storage space. This side room also has vaulted ceilings. Both the loft and office area have round windows too, which is something you don't see every day. To furnish my space I chose mostly used/consignment furniture (as I like mid-century furnishings and Southern California is a great resource for these vintage finds). I have hung wall art that I have both purchased and made myself. I also love my murphy bed, which can be folded into the wall if I need extra space to entertain.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- The biggest challenge I have been faced with living in a small rental apartment is not being able to paint the walls. I really enjoy color, and think it would be interesting to paint on all the various wall sizes and angles that I have. I have tried to remedy this issue by using very unique and bright room accessories (such as pillows, throws, vases, etc.) to liven up the place.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- If i win the grand prize, I am definitely buying a new media cabinet/console. I love mixed material ones that use wood and metal, giving a warm yet industrial effect to the pieces. I'd also purchase more wall art to cover my very high walls!
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day