This time of year the dining room takes center stage. This is where you will laugh, listen and love with family and friends (any possibly cry, cringe or collapse--but let's not think about that). Dining rooms may have become swallowed up by the "open-style" kitchen or the "Great Room" but carving out a special place to linger over a meal (even if the four walls are no longer there) is an important part of the holiday season. With any luck, nothing will be thrown and everyone will listen patiently and calmly to each other and enjoy a spectacular meal!
Of course, dining rooms don't just exist for the Super Bowls of meals (Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, etc). It is around the table that some of the most memorable scenes of your life are likely to unfold. Why not make the setting beautiful?
• 1 Furniture Focus: Rectangular Dining Room Tables.
• 2 Glamorous Dining Rooms From Our House Tours.
• 3 Keeping It Simple: Minimalist DIning Rooms.
• 4 Ideas For Creating a Cozy Dining Space.
• 5 Eclectic Dining Rooms From Our House Tours.
• 6 Dining Room Storage Pieces From Our House Tours.
• 7 Creating a Dining Atmosphere: A Roundup of Modern DIning Rooms.
• 8 Cozy Dining Rooms From Our Tours.
• 9 Inspired to Entertain: 10 Modern, Airy Dining Rooms.
• 10 Gathering Around The DIning Table
* * *
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
Images: See linked posts for full image credits