This room from Cote Maison, furnished entirely in IKEA, includes a few solutions for a small eat-in kitchen table that needs to expand or contract on demand. The nice thing about this set-up is that it combines storage, countertop space, and seating all in one area...
- The Norden table converts from a counter into a table that seats two or four.
- Drawers inside the Norden store kitchen accessories and cutlery.
- Two Nordmyra chairs serve as the main seating in the breakfast nook.
- A striped Sveje rug separates the sink from the dining area.
- Stackable Frosta stools stow away under the counter, waiting to be used for extra seating.
If you like the concepts but want to steer clear of an all-IKEA kitchen, a small freestanding counter or gateleg table could serve the same purpose. Or go with the Norden table, but accessorize with other items. For more small space kitchen solutions, click here
Photo: Cote Maison