If you're fond of hosting dinner parties and you have the space for it, a big rectangular dining table is the way to go. Not only are they great for spreading 8 to 10 party guests around, they're perfect for crafting projects when you've got the place to yourself. We've rounded up 5 rectangular tables, some of which are expandable for fitting even more guests.
• Big Sur 65" Dining Table from Crate & Barrel As seen in Alina's Dar Gitane, this table is available in three finishes: smoke (shown here), natural and charcoal. It's also available in two sizes: 65" and 90". Starting at $1,699
• BJURSTA Dining Table from Ikea This extending table starts out at a fairly large 68" long - and with its two leaves it can extend to an impressive 102". $299
• Parsons Expandable Dining Table Another expanding option, this time in a classic Parsons shape. Extends from 72" to 96". $509
• Context Furniture Truss A - Frame Table from AllModern This made to order table has great architectural details. It's available in four finish options. $700
• Cross Extension Table from DWR Leaves for this extending table store under the top in their own felt-lined compartment. Use the leaves to expand it from 78.75" to 97.5" to 116". Starting at $2,800
(Images: 1. Alina's Dar Gitane (Home of the Wanderer); All others as credited above.)