With Thanksgiving this week, the start of the holiday dinner party season is officially upon us. Make sure you're the host with the most by having your tabletop planned and ready to go. To help you along, I've rounded up 20 of our best tabletop shopping guides – from budget dinnerware to modern table linens.
• Modern + Geometric: Dinnerware One of the latest trends in dishware takes its style cues from the 1960's with geometric patterns and textures.
• Set the Table: 10 Budget Dinnerware Sets Whether you're starting out or starting over, don't let a lack of dinnerware keep you from entertaining.
• 6 Sources for Handcrafted Dishware When you're ready to upgrade from the IKEA dinnerware to something with a little more soul.
• Modern Nature: Wood Tabletop Pieces Add a natural element to your table without compromising your modern aesthetic.
• 12 Dessert Plates for Holiday (& Everyday) Unlike regular dinnerware, which, being used every day and for multiple meals, you'll want to choose for longevity, you can have a little fun with dessert plates.
• Going for the Color Mix: Plates & Bowls Feeling bohemian? Mix it up on the tabletop with mismatched colorful dishes.
• Budget Basics: Simple White Dinnerware A collection of 10 classic, white dishware sets for the budget-minded.
• 5 Sources for Modern Flatware Flatware has come a long way from the days of your grandmother's traditional sets.
• Simple + Beautiful: Flatware Flatware that is simple and elegant will never got out of style.
• Block Print Table Linens Looking for some new linens to dress up your holiday table? Consider something block printed: It's elegant, eclectic and classic.
• 10 Bold Patterned Placemats Beyond dressing up a table, placemats also protect the table from scratches and stains.
• Totally On Trend: Modern Table Linens Geometric lines, crosses and arrow prints in neon colors, pinks, bright yellows and mint green. Not traditionally autumnal, but still totally on trend.
Complete Tabletop Looks
• Maxwell's Dinner Party Picks Our own Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan was recruited by foodie website The New Potato to create a stylish (virtual) dinner party. These are his top picks.
• Simple + Beautiful: Candlesticks & Holders Take note: even a meal that's been burned to a crisp looks delicious by candlelight.
• Beautiful & Modern: A Neutral Tabletop There's no reason we can't modernize the holiday while holding on to the neutral, warm tones of the season.
• Colorful Tabletop Finds: Purple When it comes to dinnerware, it's hard to find that perfect purple.
• Entertaining Elements: Setting an Organic Black & White Table Combining black and white brings graphic contrast to your tabletop, and you can warm it up and add shine by incorporating green, wood and brass accents.
• Entertaining Elements: Setting a Warm Industrial Table Incorporating metal, wood, leather, and the soft luster of age, the warm industrial style feels both rustic and refined.
• Entertaining Elements: Setting a Monochromatic Table in Red A monochromatic table is a great opportunity to have fun with your favorite color (you probably already own enough of it to set a table) and make a bold statement at the same time.
• Entertaining Elements: Setting an Elegant Yet Quirky Table in Black and White If a modern and graphic black and white look is what you are going for, why not throw in a few quirky pieces among the elegant and simple items?
(Images: Jared's Graphic-Organic "Male Model")