Ombre — French for "shaded or graduated in tone" — has been big in fashion and home decor for a number of seasons and the next step on that trend train is dip dye and tie dye. I've left the hippies in the drum circle and rounded up a number of decorative items and DIY projects for tasteful tie dye and dip dyes.
• Oversized Tie-Dye Duvet Cover & Sham from PBTeen -
• Ombré Flame Placemats are $10.95 each at CB2
• Dip-Dye Pillow Covers -
$24 $19.99 at West Elm
• DIY! Martha Stewart Living | Dip Dyeing Projects — DIY your own dip-dyed throw rug, pillow, lampshade, candles, baskets and stationery.
• Hand-Dyed Cashmere throws from Alexa Lixfield
• Tie Dye Kiwi Quilt Set - $19.99-$69.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond
• Over Sized Tie-Dye Shower Curtain - $49 from PBTeen
• These Tie-dye cotton napkins by Pamela Barsky were featured in Elle Decor
• Though technically a digital print of a hand-dyed pattern, the 20" Rain Pillow from CB2 is only $34.95.
• Hot Pink Tie-Dye Throw Pillow - $39.99 at Lauren Ralph Lauren Home.
Images: as linked above, 8: Geoffrey Sokol/Elle Decor
• Roundup: Gradients