Some display ideas:
• These framed pics are mobile-phone shots taken for "Phonography," a benefit art show held at San Diego's Blind Lady Ale House. Photo by Grant Brittain.
• I'm loving the Boo Box by Hatchcraft. It's an easy-to-assemble bamboo shadow box frame, available in 5.5" (to fit 4" prints) or 9.5" (to fit 7" prints).
• Someone should figure out an affordable way to recreate this stunning backdrop. Maybe ditch the glass and get crafty with plywood, paint, and some framing? Mod Podge? In any case, a display like this would deliver dramatic impact in any room.
• I want to put these picture-puzzle Hipstamagnets by Jill Giordano all over my fridge.
• This simple grouping of Polaroids from Crystal & Gavin's House for Modernist Cats (& Dogs!) pops against the charcoal wall. Hipstamatics would look just as glam.
• Mario Estrada from Hipstamart took this Hipsta pic of a DIY display in his old room. Tiny wooden or metal clothespins work especially well for this kind of look. Run string or wire in straight lines if you prefer a neater look. Get your pics mounted on Gatorboard and cut to size if you want to keep them from eventually curling at the edges.
• Signed and Numbered's attractive square frames come in lots of different styles and colors and fit 4"x4" photos. Prices start at $9.