• 1 The steps for making this beautiful thread lamp remind us of third grade art class, but the result is so sophisticated and hip. The full tutorial, including photos, can be found on Pickles (and we spotted it on Bloesem).
• 2 Owner of the Brooklyn bar Abilene shared these instructions on Time Out for making a light fixture just like the one in the bar. We love the industrial look of this piece, and it sounds like a piece of cake to put together.
• 4 In a similar vein, Apartment Therapy reader Ed Winston created his own version of the $7000 Ilde Max chandelier out of Ikea lights. Check out the full story here.
• 6 Lindsey Adelman's amazing DIY version of her iconic chandelier has made a big splash online (including here on Apartment Therapy). The one in the photo is the handiwork of Morgan from The Brick House.
• 8 Another take on the tree branch fixture involves an inexpensive paper lantern and some gorgeous arranging of natural materials. This comes from the home of musician Brittany Bosco, featured on Kneesees Pieces.