This ‘how to’ featured in Real Living a couple of issues back. They’ve used it as a kitchen piece, storing recipes and receipts, but there a lots of other items it could hold like photographs, inspiration pictures or in the bedroom/wardrobe it could hold scarfs and other light accessories.
- Eyelet hooks, around AUD$2.50 for 25 at hardware store
- Elastic shock chord, AUD$4.70 per meter at Bunnings
- Bulldog clips or pegs.
- Using a pencil, mark the shape you want to make with the cord on the wall.
- Draw a cross where the corners will go.
- Screw an eyelet hook into each cross.
- Tie one end of the cord around the first hook and then wind it tightly around the others until you’re happy with the size and shape. Keeping the cord tight, tie the other end into the last hook.
- Use bulldog clips or pegs to attach notes, receipts, photos, shopping lists …
[Image: Real Living]
Other DIY Inspiration posts: