The writing's on the wall.... and the art canvas, table, and pillow while we're at it. Lately people are taking paint to their environments and creating decor and accessories that speak to them on a personal level. Here are five great examples of custom projects that celebrate the written word. Who says cursive writing is a lost art?
- Blogger Elsie of A Beautiful Mess created this labor of love on her bedroom wall, using one repeating phrase.
- Wall art of an e.e. cummings poem, as created by Alisa Burke.
- Scripted pillows made with a Sharpie pen, by A Subtle Revelry.
- Hand-painted magazine rack, complete with subliminal messaging, from Love to Go Happy Things.
- This piece in Lotta Jansdotter's studio (as seen on Design*Sponge) is technically not a DIY, but a handwritten note by Proust as rendered by artist Maira Kalman.
(Images: as linked above)