As we all know, large art gets pricey. Rather than ordering a huge print, think outside the frame and go sculptural instead. String, yarn and rope, when combined with dowels, nails and branches, are an inexpensive resource for making your own large-scale creations.
- Here's a very do-able project that makes a huge impact on a blank wall. Courtney shows you how to make these big and bright yarn banners over at Creative Bug.
- Pippa Taylor of Ouch Flower makes wall decor out of oversized and dip-dyed tassels. You can also make your own, using this post written by One Sheepish Girl.
- Give old-school macrame a more modern look with the help of May from Himo Art, who does a tutorial for A Pair and a Spare.
- Organic branches get a bright addition when colorful yarn is wrapped in bands by My Lovely List.
- Not sure of a design? There is always typography to fall back upon, like this yarn phrase by Jen Loves Kev. Open up your copy of Bartlett's (or, you know, just Google) for a list of quotations, and pick your favorite.
(Images: as linked above)
ATVideo of the Day