Marble is definitely having a moment. With the rise of kitchens, bathrooms and even furniture made of Carrara marble in recent years, it's surprising there's actually any left in the Italian quarries. From fashion to interiors and even beauty, the world has gone mad for marble.
And then there's the DIY counterpart to marble: marbling, a method of painting that can be used to cover (seemingly) anything with luxe, swirly lines. Check out some examples of the trend below, as well as some DIYs to bring the look into your own home.
1. Marbled wallpapers have been making an impact in recent years; this image is from Apparatus via You Have Been Here Sometime.
2. For a smaller hit of marbling, this beautiful poster from the Debbie Carlos shop is by artist Scout & Catalogue.
3. Fun marbled pillows from Danish brand Ferm Living.
4. Moving into fashion, there have been more and more marbled prints on the runways and in the shops. These trousers are from British high street brand Topshop.
5. If it's showing up as nail art, it's a bona fide trend. Marbled nail DIY from Birchbox.
1. DIY genius Jenny Komenda at Little Green Notebook gave this desk a faux malachite finish with paint.
2. Marble-painted coffee table at the Hunted Interior, using a tutorial from Gorgeous Shiny Things.
3. This frame has been wrapped with marbelized paper for a luxe effect. From Plateful of Love, via Whimseybox.
4. Another idea using pre-marbled paper. I love this chic lamp from weekday carnival.
5. These beautiful marbled vases can be yours with some old glass bottles, a bit of paint and an oven. From none other than Martha Stewart.
(Images: As linked above)