If you'd asked me a year ago, I wouldn't have guessed that pineapples would be a trend in the DIY world. But, when you think about it, they make a lot of sense. Colorful, bold (and kinda goofy-looking), they're fun to have around as nice weather is finally here. Plus, the pineapple has long been symbol of hospitality, so they make for great party decorations. Here are some of my favorite projects as of late:
1. Above, geometric pineapple art submitted by our reader Meg Allan Cole.
2. This awesome and colorful piñata was made by Studio DIY.
3. Hello Lidy shows you how to make a wooden geometric clock.
4. Morgane spray painted what looks like a cut glass pineapple in a matte finish.
5. Alison made this simple honeycomb pineapple decoration for parties.
6. Would you guess that this table lamp is made out of plastic spoons? From Now That's Pretty.
7. This disco pineapple is by artist Sarah Illenberger but it gets you thinking doesn't it?
8. An easy pineapple honeycomb wreath from A Subtle Revelry.
9. A paper pineapple from Marsha Golemac.
10. And last but not least, Mr. Printables shows you how to make a whole bowl of fruit, including yarn pineapples.
(Image credits: Meg Allan Cole; Studio DIY; Hello Lidy; Morganours; The Alison Show; Now That's Pretty; Sarah Illenberger; A Subtle Revelry; Marsha Golemac; Mr. Printables)